AG Fronzoni

AG [Angelo Giuseppe] Fronzoni nasce a Pistoria il 5 Marzo 1923. Inizia la sua attività di grafico nel 1945 occupandosi di editoria e di disegno industriale. Nel 1947 fonda e dirige la rivista “Punta”. Nel 1965 è redattore grafico di Casabella.
Nel 1966 collabora al restauro di Palazzo Balbi a Genova e alla sua sistemazione quale sede dell’istituto di storia dell’arte.
Opera come progettista nel campo della grafica e del disegno industriale: realizza (1966) il manifesto per la mostra di Lucio Fontana e, nello stesso tempo, l’immagine coordinata della biennale di Venezia. L’anno successivo disegna il poster per il Museo sperimentale di Torino. Seguono poi la definizione dell’immagine culturale “Arte e città di Genova” e la sistemazione della galleria d’arte contemporanea a Palazzo Reale di Genova. Realizza la serie di valigie “Forma Zero” per Valextra e i mobili “Serie ‘64”. Nel 1980 ottiene il Premio Zanotti Bianco per l’allestimento del Museo Walser a Alagna Valsesia.
Partecipa a numerose rassegne e mostre in Italia e all’estero conquistando ambiti riconoscimenti: è stato premiato a Varsavia, Brno, Lipsia, Zagabria (Premio alla carriera 1992).
Suoi lavori sono stati esposti o sono presenti nelle collezioni di numerosi musei del mondo. Ha esposto le sue opere a Londra, Buenos Aires, Brno e molte di esse fanno parte di collezioni di grande prestigio, come ad esempio: Bibiliotthèque National (Parigi), Musée cantonal des beaux arts (Losanna), Deutsches Bucherei (Lipsia), Deutsches Plakat Museum (Essen), Museum Narodowe (Varsavia), Moravska galerie (Brno), Stedelijk Museum (Amsterdam), Museum of Modern Art (New York), Royal Ontario Museum (Toronto).
Ha insegnato per oltre vent’anni all’Isa di Monza. Ha proseguito fino alla morte, avvenuta l’8 Febbraio 2002, la sua attività didattica nella “bottega” internazionale di perfezionamento nel suo studio a Milano.

Biografia pubblicata su carmeloguarino.altervista.org
1923  On March 5, Angiolo Giuseppe Fronzoni is born in San Mommè, Pistoia, Tuscany, Italy.
1945  Opens his studio in Brescia, conducting a multiform design business dealing with publishing, graphic design, industrial design, exhibition design and architecture.
1947  Founds and edits the art and literature journal “Punta”, in Brescia.
1953  Designs the Cavellini contemporary art collection, Brescia.
1956  Moves to Milan, where he opens a studio.
1962  Designs the “Quadra” lamp.
1963  Designs the “Forma Zero” cases for Valextra.
1963  Designs the premises of the “La Polena” modern art gallery in Genoa, also coordinating the gallery’s visual image: catalogues, posters and exhibition layout design.
1964  Designs the “Serie 64” furniture range.
1965 – 1967  Editor and graphic designer for the architecture journal “Casabella”, Milano.
1966  Designs the poster for the Luciano Fontana exhibition, Genova.
1966  Collaborates in the restoration of the historic Palazzo Balbi Senarega in Genova and its consversion into the site of the History of Art Institute.
1967  Designs the poster for the Experimental Museum of Contemporary Art in Turin.
1967  Designs the poster for the Gio Ponti exhibition, Milan.
1967 – 1969  Teaches at the Humanitarian Society School in Milan, by invitation of Albe Steiner.
1968 – 1988  Teaches at the ISA (State Art Institute) in Monza.
1969  Designs the poster for the Festival of Cinema, the poster for the Festival of Music and the poster for the Festival of Theatre at the Venice Biennale.
1970  Designs the exhibition layout for “Nouveau Realisme 1960 – 1970: at the Rotonda della Besana in Milano.
1971  Restores the historic Cairoli College Stables building in Pavia, converting it into the University Art Gallery
1974  Designs the Biagetti House on the Island of Capraia (with Gianni Bortolotti)
1976  Total restoration of XVII century house at Alagna Valsesia, converting it into the Walser Museum. The design is awarded the ZianotiBianco prize.
1976 – 1977  Teaches at the ISIA (Institue of Applied Arts) in Urbino.
1978 – 1979  Founds and directs the ICV (Institute of Visual Communication), in Milan
1979 – 1981  Assigned the communication project “Art and the City” by the department of Culture of the Genova City Council, involving the graphic designs and exhibition layout designs and the transformation of the Falcone theater into the Moden Art gallery.
1982 – 2001  Founds and runs his workshop-school in Milan.
1988  Designs the layout of the mobile exhibition “Marchio progetti. Proposte per il Credito industriale sardo” in Cagliari in 1988 and in Milan in 1989.
1990 – 2001  Teaches at the Academy of Communication in Milan.
1994  Designs the Tesla lot in Milan.
1999  Designs the architecture magazine “Area”, Milan.
2001  Designs layout for his own exhibition “Design: for of the verb Love” at the Maria Calderara centre, Milan; exhibition promoted by Viabizzuno.
2002  AG Fronzoni dies at 5 p.m. on the afternoon of Friday, February 8, at his home in Milan, Italy opposite the garden of Leonardo. He was 78. On February 27, at 5 p.m., he was remembered in a memorial ceremony as someone who had sought beauty. On March 9, 60 of his students gathered to share his memory.

Biografia pubblicata su agfronzoni.tumblr.com

Fronzoni

 


Share this post